<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://splashesoflooks.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Splashes of Looks: May Favourites 2014

Sunday, June 1, 2014

May Favourites 2014

How is it June already?! With all the Fashion Week fun and the intense late-night studying, May whizzed by rather quickly. When I'm stressed, I tend to buy new things to make my day. Not so good for my credit card but splendid for my morale. Here's what I've been loving this month:

Skincare


Beauty Formulas, Extra Dry Moisturising Skin Cream & Scholl, Cracked Heel Repair Cream

Not a very attractive selection of products! However, I feel that as we start showing off a little skin, dry patches around sensitive areas start surfacing. My weak points are my elbows and heels. I use these two products twice daily; the Beauty Formulas, Extra Dry Moisturising Skin Cream for my elbows and the Scholl, Cracked Heel Repair Cream for my heels. This pair has been my life-saver this month!  



Dove, Summer Glow Nourishing Lotion 

This product claims to be 'a subtle gradual self-tanner' and it really is. It's not going to give you that fake tan look but it did give me a healthy glow to these ghostly looking legs that accompany me during the winter season. Also, it smells divine which is very refreshing if you're using it after your morning shower. 


Beauty

Rimmel 60 Seconds Rita Ora Nail Polishes

I was given the two pink shades to test out (review coming up soon) and I loved them so much that I bought the mint one myself. The shades are so pretty; the cold shades having pastel colours and the warm shades having bold and bright colours. They really do dry in 60 seconds and I have been wearing these three polishes constantly this month! But more on these in a review!



Real Techniques, Buffing Brush

I bought a Real Techniques brush set when they were on offer on FeelUnique.com and they have changed my life, especially this buffing brush. I use this to apply my foundation and it does a wonderful job. It blends the foundation perfectly and I have been using it everyday since, making sure that whenever I clean it, I know that it will be dry by the time I plan to use it again! That is how hooked I am. 



NYX Matte Lipstick, Indie Flick

You all know that I've been in love with an orange lip. If you're looking for a lipstick that will stay put for ages and make you stand out of the crowd, this is the one for you. I tend to keep my make-up on the down low whenever I wear this lipstick since it's very VERY bright. However, it's gorgeous on the lips and gives you that necessary pop of colour for summer.  


Clothing


New Look, Black Paisley Print Border Kimono

This has been my go-to clothing piece this month. I love the fact that I can just throw it on whenever it gets a little chilly outside or whenever I have a plain and boring outfit which I want to spice up. You can wear it anytime of the day and feel equally chic. 



Zara, Leather High Heel Mules

A favourites post isn't complete without a Zara item. I was looking for the right mules and these are the perfect pair. They are so comfortable to walk in; it's like they're not even high heels! Love them!



Mvintage, Cabochon Necklace 

Another Mvintage favourite! This colour is so unlike me but it still screamed by name as soon as I saw it on the website. It looks like you can only wear it with a few pieces but in reality, you can wear it on with any outfit for a little splash of another colour. 



Hope you enjoyed this favourites post! See you soon!
Lyn xxx 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home