<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://splashesoflooks.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Splashes of Looks: Event Post: Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week 2014- Bridal Fashion Show

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Event Post: Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week 2014- Bridal Fashion Show

Today I decided to confess a piece of my soul to you guys. When I was younger all I dreamt about was having the perfect wedding dress, husband and kids. I loved watching Disney films, can you tell?! I imagined myself having all this by the age of 22-23, since my mum got married around that age and I quite liked the idea of not having a huge age gap between me and my children. As I grew older and became more realistic, I noticed that the chances of this happening by that age limit were practically slim to none. However, I also realised that I did not want all that to happen at this moment in time. Despite of the fact that I'm getting older, I'd like to think that I'm way too young to undergo all that. At least, that's how I feel about myself in that situation. 

However, this does not stop me from lusting over cute babies and wedding dresses every time I see one. Which brings me to today's post, about wedding dresses not babies, of course! The Mercedes-Benz Bridal Fashion Show contained the works of three very different but equally talented bridal houses; Wedding Bells, Pronovias and Loredana Roccasalva.

Wedding Bells

This collection made me feel like a little girl again, looking up in awe at the beautiful dresses and the equally stunning Supernova models. Romantic lace, chiffon flows and elegant silk were all present in this collection. No matter what your personal opinions about what a wedding dress should look like, you will definitely find something close to heart in this collection. The first gown shown in the pictures is like something taken out of a fairytale, and with the soft melodies accompanying the models as they walked gracefully towards us, I truly felt that a happy-ever-after ending was not so far-fetched after all.






Pronovias 

Elie Saab will definitely make some dreams come true with this collection of wedding gowns. From flowing gowns to intricate lace details, this is said to go down as one of the most beautiful collections to date.






Loredana Roccasalva

I'll be honest here, this collection is not for the faint-hearted. In fact, before the collection began, it was described as aimed for strong women. From dresses with feather pieces to models wearing flowy trousers instead of the traditional dress, this collection was definitely something original. Colours verged from the traditional white, to lilac, grey and black. The emphasis on detail is impeccable and you can notice the Sicilian influences in most of the pieces.







Photography by Dennis Calleja

Can you hear the wedding bells yet?

Lyn xxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home